Thursday 14 April 2011

Easter Treat Box

Hi Everyone,

Well this is a first for my blog - It's NOT a card! Thought I'd give a box a go to hide some Easter Treats inside for a lucky recipient! Although the treats have come dangerously close to being eaten by me on more than one ocassion :o)

I began by cutting out and scoring 3 box bases, starting with the largest then cutting the next slightly smaller and then one smaller again. I then cut and scored a lid to fit over the largest base. Before assembling the boxes and lid I cut various patterned paper to fit the panels and stuck them onto each panel, I also added a peel off sentiment to the front panel of the lid. Once I had covered all of the panels I stuck the 3 box bases together by their bottom panel and assembled the lid.

I then layered up some flower die cuts and attached those to then ends of some thin strips of acetate, I then attached the other ends of the acetate to the inside of the smallest box's panels using some co-ordinating border strips. I created a fan style flower for the lid using some glittery cardstock from the DCWV Glitter Stack, before scoring the card I cut one edge with a scallop border punch then scored at the inner cut of each scallop so that when folded the fan would have a rounded edge to each folded section. I then finished this off with a couple of punched circles and a 12mm Dotty Pastel Brad from Dovecraft.

At this stage I thought I had finished my box however I then realised I needed to put something in the center to hold those little treats! so I again cut and scored a box base, slightly smaller than the last but I cut it so the sides were taller than I required so i could then use my scallop border punch again to finish what would be the top edges of the box. Before assembling the little box I again added some patterned paper. Then it was finally ready for the yummy treats!




I would like to enter my Easter Treats Box into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Truly Dimensional

5 comments:

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous Easter Project hun! Thanks for joining in with our Easter Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Karen said...

What a gorgeous box, its beautiful and I love the pretty Spring colours you have used :)

Mona Evy said...

Oh, a gorgeous Easter Box! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Love your exploding spring project box! Well done with great details. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew! I have blog candy that ends on the 18th if you are interested!
Denise
CCC-DT

Jona Panesa said...

wow, its a lovely collapsable box!!! Happy easter!