Saturday 2 April 2011

Mother's Day Card No2

Another Mother's Day card, this one I made for a friend to give to her Mum.

The the glittery flower and dotty card stock are from the DCWV Citrus Stack. I cut a large part circle from the corner of a piece of card then punched out several co-ordinating circles using a 1 3/4" circle punch, I attached those to the back of the part circle so I could trim them off to suit. I hadn't intended on using a flower on this card but it looked a little plain without so layered up some Prima's to finish it off, If I had used a more heavily patterned paper for the backing and perhaps a plainer paper for the part circle it wouldn't have needed the flower to finish it off, but I think it looks good. I used my Stamping all Day Happy Mother's Day stamp with Versamark and some detail silver embossing powder for the sentiment and a silver gel pen just to fininsh it off nicely. I'm really pleased with how this card turned out, think I will do another one in oranges and yellows, will post soon.



No comments: