Friday 24 February 2012

Masculine "Get Well" Card

My Mum was hunting for a nice Get Well card for a friend of hers but was struggling to find one that wasn't too girly! It was for a man who is ex-RAF so I instantly thought of this digi stamp which I was lucky enough to win from Stitchy Bear some time ago.

It had to be a quick one, so I cut 3 strips of co-ordinating papers from the DCWV Latte stack, using a corner punch to take off the 2 opposite corners and layered everything up, I then stamped the Get Well sentiment using Brilliance Starlight Black ink.

I'm quite happy with the result for a quick male card. Hope it cheers the recipient up a little :o)



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Winged Things
Penny's - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Masculine
The Paper Shelter - Add a Sentiment
Simons Says Stamp - 3 Different Papers
Dream Valley - Just for Men
Allsorts - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time - Digi or Don't

10 comments:

Anne said...

I think it's great - wouldn't have been a quick card for me!!!
Am sure it will cheer him up. Anne x

AN said...

hieno kortti miehelle-ne on yleensä aika vaikeita !
Kiitos kun tulit mukaan The Paper Shleter-haasteeseen
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne <3

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

That's a lovely card April and I'm sure he will be touched by it, have a great weekend xx

Unknown said...

Nice card April, its so hard to make cards for men . This is perfect.
Hugs Elaine

Nicola said...

Perfect male card April!
Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Kelly said...

Lovely card, Thank you for playing along at One Stitch At A Time xx

Christine said...

This is a perfect masculine card!! I love the details in the plane. Great simple background for it too. Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

MagsB said...

Oh yes, this is fabulous! I have cousins in the RAF who would adore this! I really like the subtle shades of grey, very elegant! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

love Mags B x

Deb said...

Fabulous masculine card!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

Rachel x said...

This is a great card!! :) the image is perfect (my Grandad's ex-RAF and he'd love it!) and I love the colours... another problem with most Get Well cards is that they can be so bright!!
Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this fortnight!! :)
hugs, Rachel x