Friday 18 May 2012

Vintage Style "Bon Voyage" Card

I fancied having a play with my distress inks that I recently bought, I needed to do a "have a nice trip" type card so this is what came together.

I found this fab digi stamp on the free vintage digi stamps blog, I printed it on a laser printer* so I could use the distress inks over the top. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and mounted on a tag that I had cut from Kraft cardstock. For the backing paper I used Distress Inks again to colour the sheet then over stamped using a script stamp, again I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and curled a corner up.

I added some string, a couple of buttons, flowers and pearls to finish off.

*A tip for anyone who doesn't know, if you would like to use digi stamps with distress inks, print your image using a laser printer and the inks wont smudge it, when you use an inkjet printer the distress inks tend to smudge the image.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.
Top Tip Tuesday - Clean & Simple + Tip (see above)
Creative Craft - Distressing
Kaboodle Doodles - Clean & Simple
Simon Says Stamp - Clean & Simple
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
Sarah Hurley - Tags & Tickets


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful vintage card. Love the tag and the DP. Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious' "Anything Goes" Challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy

Craftychris said...

A stunning card! I love the tag, is it a die and if so, would you mind letting me know which one? or did you make it yourself? Thank you for the tip about the printer. xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi April what a lovely vintage card you have made! I love the image it really looks lovely on your card. I had heard that about laser printers but I don't have one and you also have to use water colour paper when you colour with them, I'm still undecided about them and only used mine once! Have a good weekend hugs Susan x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous distressing... I LOVE distress inks and use them LOADS,,, hope you have loads more fun with yours!! Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time, and for sharing a top tip! Hugs Samantha :0)

Judith said...

Love this card the image and details are just perfect - beautiful distressing thanks for playing along at Creative craft Challenge this week this week and good luck hugs Judith x

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Beautiful job! Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this CAS challenge and I hope you will join us again this coming Tuesday for our Dig out the Old Challenge!
Hugs
Tammy Louise
I'm sharing some candy if you like to play!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Kaboodle Doodles.

Claire said...

Really lovely card, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
Cxx

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Shirley said...

Beautiful card, love the colour.
Picked this up myself about two weeks ago but haven't used it yet.
Shirley xx

Spyder said...

I've just realised you follow me on the list and now that I've made a few atc's, was wondering if you'd like one! If so, please send your addy! thank you!
(Lyn)