Tuesday 19 June 2012

Summery Roller Skating Themed Card

Well, this was a challenge! I was asked to make a themed card for a lady who judges roller skating competitions. After alot of head scratching I thankfully came across this digi stamp on the Letraset site. I gave the boot just a hint of colour using promarkers and the blender pen, competition skates are white you see, but it definitely needed a hint of colour. I set to layering up some gorgeous papers from the First Edition Summer Breeze pad, I love the flowery design and it's loaded with glittery accents. I made the rosette using loops of ribbon, I punched out a small circle just big enough to emboss the sentiment on. I then added another little ribbon, pearls and a star charm to finish off.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Punch Drunk
Crafty Creations - How Charming
Truly Scrumptious - Flower Power
Crazy Challenge - Recipe (ribbon, pearls, dies, punches)
Sparkles Challenge - Summer Fun
Sentimental Sundays - Summer Fun
Craft Your Days Away - Bingo! (pearls, ribbon, glitter) 
Passion for Promarkers - Glitter and Pastels
Love to Create - Summertime Fun

12 comments:

Craftychris said...

Brilliant card! You did really well coming up with this one. I love the rosette xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just brilliant April! Love the rosette you have made. I particularly like how you have coloured the boots! I'm sure she will love it I think its perfect for her!! Hugs Susan x

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Lovely card April - love the rosette. Ann x

Unknown said...

Great card - you did great with this difficult theme!! Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Redanne said...

You clearly put a lot of thought into your card and it really paid off, it is gorgeous. Love the way you have done the ribbon. A x

Anne said...

What a clever idea a lovely csard April I especially like the rosette! Anne x

shaz earl said...

Lovely card!

Thank you for joining us at Sparkles challenges for our * Summer Fun * challenge.

Hope you will join us again, good luck in the draw.
Hugs Shaz x

Crafty and Green said...

What a Sweet Card!! The Image Really brings back summertime memories for me!! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!! Come back and play with us again really soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Nicole Mullen said...

Adorable card, love the ribbon medalion especially! Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card...

Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!

Big hugs Jo xxx

Unknown said...

Fab card April I have those backing papers a fab selection well done Hugs Elaine

Dazie said...

Fab card I had roller skates like that!

Thanks for joining the sparkles girls this month over at sparkles monthly challenges!

Dazie
x